aMSN Forums
June 18, 2018, 10:03:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMSN on maemo - Nokia N810, N800 and N770HE  (Read 141412 times)
gadgety

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 02:12:20 pm »

Hello kakatoro,

I quote from the conversation on maemo.org:

"I have tried testing the audio and video SIP/RTP call again and it kept crashing. Someone else had reported this in the aMSN forums, but I couldn't reproduce it until now. It seems the version of farsight on the device is newer than what I had on my laptop, that's why I could only reproduce the bug on the device.. I debugged it on the N900 and found and fix the aMSN bug (now in SVN).

Once it was fixed, I tried doing audio and video calls again, and once I configured the devices correctly, video calls worked, and audio only worked in one direction. there seems to be a format negociation issue between pulsesrc and what farsight expects.. which is weird since the official maemo voip application uses pulsesrc with farsight too.. I'll have to dig deeper to figure out what's wrong..

but anyways, if you configure your audio/video settings and set your audio source to 'disabled', then you can make an audio/video call with aMSN.. you will be able to send and receive good quality H263 video over RTP, and receive audio, but you just won't be able to send your audio.. that is, until I fix it of course."

Any planned updates on this?

I still don't have the N900 so not really in a hurry, but having it working will influence my buying decision.

Thanks!

Gadgety
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 11:20:15 pm »

Hi again,
no there is no update on this, I don't really have time to look at it at the moment.. when it's working I'll make sure to let you know here and on the maemo.org thread.

KaKaRoTo
gadgety

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2009, 12:42:25 am »

Thank you! I understand your busy. I reallly appreciate your returning to the thread on maemo.org as I'm sure there are a lot of people who'd like to know - nearly 10.000 people have looked into the thread.
gadgety

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2010, 06:57:37 pm »

Any forecast on your update of two-way video AND two-way audio with the N900. You previously had no time to work on this. My question is, do you have any forecast as to when you may get around to it?

Thank you!
alex-12gods

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2010, 08:53:30 am »

hello there......i am new to this site and i am from greece.i just bought a nokia n900....i have a problem with the sound says i need snack library.....what should i do???help please.....and sorry forr my bad english!!!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2010, 07:59:12 pm »

You don't need snack for sound unless you want to record voice clips, amsn should work fine as it is.

KaKaRoTo
alex-12gods

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2010, 10:32:26 pm »

when iam going to audio and video set up it says i wont be able to record or speak to my friend because i need to install an extension (snack) that i ll found on wiki.i went to the site i found the snack but needs to login first.....the problem is there is no register option!!!!can i found it somewhere else?Huh please help me
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:35:19 pm by alex-12gods » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: