aMSN Forums
April 26, 2018, 10:56:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solved: aMSN keeps trying to download tls (and failing)  (Read 69721 times)
Keter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 03:20:53 pm »

Oh crap I can't believe it was that simple -_-
I redirected from aMSN Preferences->Advanced tab to the TLS module location installed by apt-get, I thouth it was enough.
Well, thanks for help Cheesy
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 10:15:05 pm »

it should have been enough, but it's not..that's one problem with tcl, if it finds an appropriate extension, it tried to load it, if it fails, it doesn't try the 'next one available'...

KaKaRoTo
babishh

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 08:08:44 pm »

hi i'm using the latest ubuntu 32bit release since a few days ago, i'm not that good with computers but i wanted to try linux so that's it.
when i try to log in on amsn it asks me for the tsl, i followed the instructions u posted on the first page of the thread, installing the package from the command line. everything worked perfect. but now, trying to log in, it asks me for the tsl package again.
what can i do?
edezeeuw

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 08:32:48 pm »

There was a thread, were someone explained,

that the TLS package (installed from the ubuntu-server) should perfectly work, by just editing a line in 1 of the scripts...

I'm searching like hell, because i forgot which file it was to change..

When hate gets a strugle on your love and love wins, you'll know that it is True Love!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 06:35:40 am »

Well, first, if you have an amd64, you should first try to delete the tls folder downloaded by aMSN. It's in ~/.amsn/plugins/tls1.50 so delete that folder and make sure you install 'tcltls' with aptitude/synaptic, then try again.
The line to change in theory doesn't need to be done anymore, but if you're curious, it's changing "package if needed 1.50" into "package ifneeded 1.5" in /usr/somewhere/tls1.50/pkgIndex.tcl (dpkg -L tcltls would list the files in the package so you get the real path of the file)

KaKaRoTo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: