aMSN Forums
August 20, 2014, 03:35:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: bigsmileys on amsn 0.97  (Read 26797 times)
dxdemetriou

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:34:12 am »

Hi,
I wasn't sure if the correct place for this is here or in development section, sorry if I am wrong
This plugin don't work as it used before with the 0.97. When I want to choose one smiley I must click very fast the mouse button or don't work
The other is about the size of smileys. I had modify the bigsmileys.tcl file to show whole the big smileys and not cropped, it worked before but no with the current version. This is also in normal place of smileys, and is very difficult to understand what is each one, also in stable releases.
Sorry about my english.. I don't know how to explain this
Thanks
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:57:47 pm »

Hi. I'm BigSmileys "developer"... I don't know if it works in the last svn version because I've updated it for my self many times, so I'm running bigsmileys without problems, but my one is not the one that is in the amsn plugins page. When I've made those changes, I asked in the forum for the amsn's developers to add an event for "smiley added" or something like that, so I can ask for the smiley category, but they never answered. Anyway, heres the code I have now, you won't see an extra smiley icon anymore, instead, it replaces the original one. Heres the zip, there's some extra garbage there, I didn't cleaned up the bak/old files.

http://in.solit.us/archives/show/41585
square87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 08:58:02 am »

Hello Zaskar
This BigSmileys release is nice Smiley
Can you add the following features:
1) delete a smiley
2) translation system

Thanks, bye. Smiley

Edit:
Another thing...
When we add a new smiley we don't see it.
Maybe we need an event...or maybe you can add a check: every time we click on BigSmilyes icon the plugin should check if the original smiley array is equal to Bigsmiley array. (Anyway, I never seen Bigsmiley code).
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »

Here's a little update.

http://in.solit.us/archives/download/41904

There's no event in the plugin system when a new smiley is added, so I can't autoupdate the bigsmileys menu efficiently, and I can't ask for the new smiley's category. For the first trouble, you can middle click the smileys button to force reloading the menu; for the second one, you'll have to look for the new smiley in the menu... To edit the smiley, you can right click it now. I don't have time to do more changes (like translation, and a better way to update the menu, may be watching the existence of the original smiley menu as a flag?), but I'll work on some day.
square87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 02:07:42 pm »

Hello Zaskar Smiley
I know there's no event but it can be added. Anyway we should show also default icons...
Bye
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 06:00:51 pm »

I can't add that event. The trouble is not that the event is not implemented in my code, the trouble is that the amsn plugin system doesn't have that even defined, so the amsn's developers should do that first. About default icons, I know, I should add a default category or something alike, I'll do it. The main trouble is that at this moment my motherboard is death :shock:, so I won't be able to do it for a while, be patience. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 06:51:32 pm »

Hi Zaskar, square knows the event is missing from amsn's core, but he said you can add it, just like square does, he writes his plugins the way he wants, if he needs an event, he adds it to the core, and once he's done, he sends us the diff so we can add the events he needs in SVN. That's how it should work, because we need everyone's help for adding all the necessary events. If noone tells us he needs an event, we'll never implement it :p

KaKaRoTo
guguss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 07:43:13 pm »

Hello

i have trouble with the new bigsmiley in amsn 0,97 (in this version smiley reduce...)

they are too big and i can't see all the smiley
i must put the mouse on the smiley, to see in the window the smiley complet
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 03:01:53 pm »

I've asked for that some time ago. I did no send the diff because I was not sure about where the event should be implemented.
http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2399
I can send you a diff, but sometimes you have a different sense for coding things, and as its a diff in amsn core, not in the plug, I thought you should it. Anyway, I'll send the diff and the updated plugin when I have my pc back.
robyt

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 07:55:11 am »

Quote from: "Zaskar"
I've asked for that some time ago. I did no send the diff because I was not sure about where the event should be implemented.
http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2399
I can send you a diff, but sometimes you have a different sense for coding things, and as its a diff in amsn core, not in the plug, I thought you should it. Anyway, I'll send the diff and the updated plugin when I have my pc back.

i've upgrade bigsmiley, now the smileis are correct but the standard smileis button disappear.there is only one button: if plugin is connected i see only the smiley that i've added, if disconnected i see all smiley but in small size
square87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 08:09:23 am »

Hi Robyt. Smiley
If you read this thread you'll notice that it is the actual plugin behavior.
Thanks, bye.
robyt

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 03:43:56 pm »

Quote from: "square87"
Hi Robyt. Smiley
If you read this thread you'll notice that it is the actual plugin behavior.
Thanks, bye.

:oops:  my english is not perfect... sorry
dxdemetriou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 12:36:08 am »

I don't believe that my thread have so much interesting.. I am glad that I started it Cheesy
Thanks for the update!!
I hope to see it in SVN some day

Edit: I tried it and I have seen that mentioned before, the disapearance of normal smileys, and not delete button
sorry, my mistake. when I press edit it have the delete option
one function that could read the normal smileys it would be good. I thought to make it myself one-by-one, maybe I'll try it but the problem is that each skin has it's own smileys
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 03:54:17 am »

Hi there, here's a little improvement. There are some minor bugfixes, a new option to see the smileys animated in the menu (you need to disable and enable the plugin again when you change that; and I don't know if these feature can generate some memory leak or other overload) and if you choose the sorted by category view, theres a default category with all the original smileys (those form the skin).
***edited***
Now it can also detect when a new smiley is added or an old one is deleted and update the menu.
http://in.solit.us/archives/show/50550
dxdemetriou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 04:15:09 pm »

It's perfect. I liked the default menu and the animation Smiley
About memory leak, I see many up-down of memory in the whole amsn after intensive usage, not only with this plugin. It is something like firefox, that the memory goes up and don't come down, but not so much with amsn.
I think it's ready to be included in SVN Wink
Thanks for the updated release
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: