aMSN Forums
April 23, 2018, 02:49:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMSN 0.97b Trip Edition for Windows*Update..DL Inside*  (Read 35374 times)
Trip

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:58:15 pm »

Hi erverybody!

Now it is time to give the Community something back. I was a Windows User but know i use KUbuntu Linux for main use...But i know how hard it is to compile the SVN Version of AMSN for Windows. But this is know ending! I have compiled a SVN for Windows, and i've included some nice Skins and Plugins....

Here is a list of Features:

aMSN Trip Edition 0.97b Aleen

SVN Build from the 29.Jan.2007
    Antialaised Fonts
    Chamelion 0.5
    Winks Plugin
    MSN Live Skin
    Emerald 2.0 BETA
    and a Installer ;-)

Ive Coded a Homepage für my Build.... But this Page is only in German and Under Constrution! http://triphh.de/%3Cb%3EaMSN-Trips-Build.htm

Download here: http://rapidshare.com/files/14098741/setup.exe.html

Known Bugs:
- The AMSN Live Skin isnet completly supportet by my Build... (Some Images are not ready)
- The AMSN Live / Emerald Skin mix is in Devolpment and will be Released in the next Version!
- Plugins and Skin must be Started manually.... In the next Release it starts Automatic!
- This Version uses TK8.4...Cause it crashes on Windows XP with Service Peack 1 and lower

[img=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2590/screen1uj6.th.jpg]

Trappski
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 06:29:27 pm »

Quote from: "Trip"

But i know how hard it is to compile the SVN Version of AMSN for Windows. But this is know ending! I have compiled a SVN for Windows

Neat job...
But you do know that compiling the SVN version for windows is not  necessary?

If you have a previous installed version of aMSN all you have to do is follow these steps: http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/Subversion#The_Subversion_way
to get the latest SVN revision.  

Of course if you would like to use an other version of Tcl/Tk it might be a necissity though.

Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:53:06 pm »

Hi!

Yes i know that it is easy.... But i want to make a Version that you dont know the difference between the Orginal and the aMSN Messenger.... I tetsted my Version unter VMWARE with Windows XP.... And it looks loke the Orignal.... And it work with tk/tcl8.5 and TILE! So that is now Problem for Beginners to use Free Software.... Its like the Firefox.... Easy Installation more pipole will use it!
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:20:51 am »

Hi Trip,
It's a great idea you're doing, thanks for taking the time to contribute back to the community.
So if I understand correctly, this is for windows only, compiled with tcl/tk 8.5 and antialiased fonts ?
And you put two skins in there, amsn live and emerald 2.. question is, which one is the default ? did you keep the default version ? or did you make one of them as the new default ? it could be interesting to change amsn's config.tcl file to set the default skin as either one of them...  this way users don't need to know what a skin is, nor do they need to search for it and change their default skin to see this change of yours.
anyways, great thing, thanks!

KaKaRoTo
Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 07:11:50 am »

hi kakaroto!

This is a great Idea.... ! I've used the default Skin by default. But i wanna Change it to the aMSN Live Skin.... But i have a Problem with the News Icons insiode AMSN (Space Star, and Borderlines).... But this is no Problem i've mixed the AMSN Live Theme with Emerald! It looks very nice, but the Theme is a little bit Buggy....
Do you know how i can Aktivate Chamelon by default?

I hope you understand what i want to say... My english isnt the best!

have a nice day ;-)

Christian
joliv

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 10:25:48 pm »

Post excluded as per as admin request under flood suspect.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 06:20:01 am »

joliv!!!
this is your third post, and you posted the same thing 3 times on 3 different threads that have no matter in your issue. Please delete your posts, and create your own thread with more info, providing a screenshot, otherwise, I'll have you banned if you continue to flood the forums.
Thanks,

KaKaRoTo
Phil
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 10:22:37 am »

I wonder if you used the NSI file we provide... If no maybe you should use it with some modifications Wink
I sometimes make a build with SVN but now I will direct people here...
About compilation, it can be sometimes useful but last week I updated every DLL...
About default loading of chameleon you can edit line 1011 of plugins.tcl
Phil

Phil

AMsn is great, and it will be greater :wink:
Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »

Hi everybody!

Thank you for your nice feedback...So I have found many Bugs inside my Version! I will Release an Bugfixed Version in the next time! But now i have to work hard for my instruction (german = Ausbildung) as nursery school educator! I have not enough time for fix the Bugs... I think at the End of the mouth i will Release Revision B,.....
Wul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 05:18:37 pm »

Hello,

What is a trip edition ?

Thanks
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 06:30:31 pm »

'trip edition' means that the user 'Trip' made this package. Read the first post to understand what it contains.

KaKaRoTo
messengerfreak

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 01:42:15 pm »

Thanks for this post, Trip. I was looking for some answers and found them here!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: