aMSN Forums
September 17, 2014, 04:31:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Winks pluggin, a little work  (Read 210135 times)
Paller

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 11, 2007, 10:03:20 am »

Very nice plugin! Good work, but

I get this on windows:
Code:

wrong # args: should be "::winks::PlayWink wfile"
    while executing
"::winks::PlayWink C:/Documents and Settings/Paller.KATA/amsn/paller1984_sadamsnuser_com/winks/2af42d1c3d8ebd03573311d48d740a55/water_balloon.swf"
    invoked from within
".editWink.fb.play invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 24)
linforcer

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2007, 03:58:06 pm »

Seemed like a bitch to look through the whole topic to read if my problem and/or it's solution are already documented, maybe keep a "known problems" in the first post, and edit it from time to time?

installed:
Winks Plugin 20070310.2
aMSN svn (co couple days ago)
gnash-0.7.2
cabextract-1.1

on amd64.
The object shows up, the thumbnail aswell, and when I play it I get sound, but no image. the chatwindow goes blank while it's supposed to be playing. is this the plugin not being done, or gnash failing?
Fenix-TX
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 11, 2007, 05:31:17 pm »

Quote from: "linforcer"
Seemed like a bitch to look through the whole topic to read if my problem and/or it's solution are already documented, maybe keep a "known problems" in the first post, and edit it from time to time?

installed:
Winks Plugin 20070310.2
aMSN svn (co couple days ago)
gnash-0.7.2
cabextract-1.1

on amd64.
The object shows up, the thumbnail aswell, and when I play it I get sound, but no image. the chatwindow goes blank while it's supposed to be playing. is this the plugin not being done, or gnash failing?

It's possible that is an issue with gnash
noend

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2007, 08:16:32 pm »

Hi Zaskar,

I noticied that the "Add new wink" import button is also importing Dynamic Display Pictures as well and would be great to have a filter that avoid importing those .MCOs.

Thanks for winks plugin !

Sebastian
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2007, 08:34:02 pm »

linforcer: if you want to play the wink inside the chat window you should use gnash 7.1 (there's some bug with the argument in 7.2).

noend: I know that winks and dynamic display pictures works in a very similar way inside the protocol, but I don't have any dynamic display picture, so I can't find out the difference. Anyway, maybe, in the future, we could combine gnash embebed playing with a big part of this code to make a plugin for dynamic display pictures.

linforcer: I think the "known problems" should be inside the readme, that's way I've added a Readme button in the configuration dialog, so what we must do is extend the readme.

I'm sorry but I won't be able to work in this for more than a week, but I'll post an updated and better documented version then. Thanks for the feedback.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »

hi Zaskar.. and everyone else...
if you're interested in some winks, I downloaded some from emule and put them on my server, so you can add those mco files and have plenty of winks in amsn Smiley
for zaskar, you can also see the dynamic display pictures, so you can compare between the two.
I extracted the archive in case you don't want to download the whole 24MB archive for only one file..
here's the content.xml of the MCO of a wink :
Code:
<package version="1.0" type="theme">
   <item contentid="4099930275TFR1C2" type="wink" contenttype="P" mimetype="application/messengercontent" file="TFR1C2.cab" stamp="MIIIngYJKoZI.... "/>
</package>

and here's the content.xml of the MCO of a dynamic display picture :
Code:

<package xmlns="http://messenger.msn.com/messengercontent/1.0" version="1.0" type="theme">
 <item contentid="1685921907TFR1F7" type="dynamicpicture" contenttype="P" mimetype="application/messengercontent" file="TFR1F7.cab" stamp="MIIIng...."/>
</package>

in short, look for the item tag, the 'type' attribute.
have fun.

EDIT : lol, forgot to post the link : http://kakaroto.homelinux.net/~kakaroto/winks/

KaKaRoTo
linforcer

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 11, 2007, 10:30:26 pm »

Quote from: "Zaskar"
linforcer: if you want to play the wink inside the chat window you should use gnash 7.1 (there's some bug with the argument in 7.2).

noend: I know that winks and dynamic display pictures works in a very similar way inside the protocol, but I don't have any dynamic display picture, so I can't find out the difference. Anyway, maybe, in the future, we could combine gnash embebed playing with a big part of this code to make a plugin for dynamic display pictures.

linforcer: I think the "known problems" should be inside the readme, that's way I've added a Readme button in the configuration dialog, so what we must do is extend the readme.

I'm sorry but I won't be able to work in this for more than a week, but I'll post an updated and better documented version then. Thanks for the feedback.

Alright, regaring the README, that's cool. Regarding gnash, 7.2 is the only one in portage. Should I unmerge it and get the 7.1 sources myself if I want in-window winks?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: March 11, 2007, 10:44:47 pm »

@linforcer : I suppose, yes.. or disable the in-window winks option...

KaKaRoTo
linforcer

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:28 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
@linforcer : I suppose, yes.. or disable the in-window winks option...

actually, just tried, and 7.1 doesn't work for me at all.
first the problem was that it installs the binary to /usr/local/bin, but even after putting that in the command field in the plugin conf it didn't work at all. Guess for now I'll have to live with out-of-window winks.

EDIT just make clean'd the 7.1 and emerged the 7.2 again, but now it doesn't give any sound >_> but it might be that it's just the sound device being taken, as it worked with sound, before.
MastaG
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2007, 09:31:29 am »

Just tested it on two systems

Linux Fedora Core 6
tcl/tk 8.5 CVS
gnash from the extras repo (cant tell what version atm)
cabextract from the extras repo (cant tell what version atm)
latest amsn svn

and

Windows XP SP2
tcl/tk from the amsn 0.96 windows package
gnash 0.7.1 (development release)
extrac32 (comes with WinXP SP2)
latest amsn svn

On both setups I can play winks (including sounds), save and send them.
The only thing that doesn't work is playing them inside the chatwindow.. It'll go blank on both linux and windows.
What version of gnash did you guys use to make it work?
SSamiK

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2007, 09:43:05 am »

On linux you'll need gnash-0.7.1, however it's not working flawlessly. Tends to be slow and really eating CPU, so IMHO you'll be better of with the wink in a seperate window at the time beeing.
If it even works on Windows, i'll bet you'll have to use gnash there as well, as the Readme.txt clarly states: If your player is "gnash", we can use its functionallity to achieve it. This feature is still being tested and developed, so I may work or not, depending on what os and gnash version you use.
MastaG
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2007, 04:31:05 pm »

Allright:)
Yeah it also works on windows using gnash, haven't tried other players though.
So let's wait for it to be completed.
Maybe you guys should make the winks and nudge plugin part of the amsn core since it also comes with WLM by default.
For windows you could then include the binary and dll's for gnash and for linux just the source that will automaticly compile with the ./configure script.
Just a thought.
Trappski
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »

Quote from: "MastaG"
Allright:)
Yeah it also works on windows using gnash, haven't tried other players though.
So let's wait for it to be completed.
Maybe you guys should make the winks and nudge plugin part of the amsn core since it also comes with WLM by default.
For windows you could then include the binary and dll's for gnash and for linux just the source that will automaticly compile with the ./configure script.
Just a thought.

Nudge has been in aMSN as long as i can remember...
Winks recently got added in the SVN...

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2007, 04:50:47 pm »

MastaG, the nudge plugin is shipped and enabled by default with amsn and for the winks plugin, it will be shipped with amsn automatically, but not enabled because of the flash/cabextract dependency. It is currently being discussed and we hope to provide cabextract and the flash player for the mac package, but for linux, you'll have to do it yourself, there's a readme file, and you just need to learn how to read readmes... we can't do much more.
We have enough dependencies, we don't want to add even more dependencies to the core.
Also, the plugins system is to make amsn more lightweight, so it's not a good idea to merge the source with the core!

@Zaskar : we'd be glad if you could take some time to make your plugin more userfriendly for it to be ready for the 0.97 release (pretty soon, less than a month, we hope).
first, there's a bug, with a patch on the amsn-devel mailing list, sent by Paller, I answered him with the 'correct way' of doing it, so you should maybe review your code and change it the way I said it should be, read about it here : http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.instant-messaging.amsn.devel/8139
read this too (especially the mail I'm responding to) : http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.instant-messaging.amsn.devel/8122
what would be nice is to have :
* the 'use extrac32' option only available for users under windows, and if it's even possible to test if extrac32 is available, that would be better, so you don't show the option for users who don't need it.
* if 'use extrac32' is checked, then the 'cabextract path' field should be disabled, so people don't get confused.
* check for flash players in the plugin's directory, so we could ship a 'binary release' of the plugin if needed
* show a combobox with the list of flash players supported to ease the configuration for users.
* remove the 'flash player arguments' field, and hardcode the arguments yourself in the code depending on the flash player chosen by the user.
* check for the validity/existence of the cabextract/extrac32 and flash player upon launch and after the plugin gets configured, this way you can avoid bugs or users complaining why it doesn't work when they actually didn't configure it correctly.
* Don't forget the comments I gave you on this post : http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=17106#17106
* any other little thing that would make the configuration dialog easier to use for our users

Keep it up!
Thanks.

KaKaRoTo
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2007, 04:29:53 am »

Here are some changes. Before downloading and reporting many bugs, please read that: I WASN'T ABLE TO TEST IT!!! I don't have any internet conection in my pc now. I've done those changes blind, so even if I hope they will work because I've only made small changes, I can't tell you it will.

http://in.solit.us/archives/download/15273

Changes:
* It now tryes to find out itself what cab extractor should be use. If it find the default config (don't use extract32) it will check if cabextract is present. If it finds that cabextract runs ok it will do nothing, but if it doesn't work, it will try first with extrac32, and then with the one in the plugin directory (if there's one there)... Should we do something similar with the flash player???... The problem there is that I can't call any flash player to test if it works because most of them don't run silently (as cabextract with "-v").
* If fixes that thing reported by Tom and corrected by Kakaroto about the winks menu button.
* The options for hidding the add new wink button and not closing the winks menu when mouse leaves it aren't there anymore.
* The trouble with wink names when receiving from msn live should be fixed. I've only added a little condition that says that if the name is "Unused" it should do the same it does when if the name is empty: read the content.xml (most of the winks have its name there), or if there's no name there, use the swf filename (that is usually more friendly than the mco one).

About the wink name when you add a new one, I can't change it without testing, its a big change, but I can tell that if you left the name empty it will look for a name inside the wink (the one in the content.xml, or the animation filename if there's no name in content.xml). The trouble is that to see the wink name, I need to extract both files from the mco, and extract the cab file to, so I need to install the wink!. What I can do is to install it in tmp, and then, move it to winks. I'll work on it later.

About the version format: I do it this way because it's a quick and easy way to see if this is a recent or an old one, and specially because I don't know when the changes are big enought to increase version number, or when to increase revisions, or when it's enought to be 1.0, or things like that (we sometimes modify just a few bytes), etc. If you want to change it to 1.0 for amsn 0.97 release you can freely do it (and then I will start releasing with 1.1, 1.2, ...).

About the xml functions... The ones I use works ok for every test case I have, so that's why replacing them is not my priority (there are more things to fix that are more visible), and I don't know if I need to use more powerfull functions for reading those content.xml that are so small and simple ones.

Finally, I'm checking posts and mails only one or two times a week now, so please be patience. I'll be back in my home for a few days this weekend, so I'll test the new changes there and I'll try to complete the other requests. You'll have news on saturday or sunday.

Is there any msn server or something like that for testing without internet conection?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: