aMSN Forums
January 25, 2021, 07:27:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Winks pluggin, a little work  (Read 336802 times)
Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 04:05:29 pm »

Very Very Verrry Great work! I love the Programmer of the Source ! Ok but how i can install it? Because is dont know how i get it working.... I've read the Topic but Understand not everything.... Did somebody can build a Binary?
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 05:12:44 pm »

I'm not in my PC now and I don't have diff here. But I've opened the msnp2p.tcl (not protocol, my mistake in previous message) with the web svn browser, and I can tell you where to add these lines:

between lines 956 and 957 add:

Code:

} elseif { [lindex [SessionList get $cSid] 7] == "wink" } {
      ::winks::ReceivedWink $chatid $file

those are a group of ifs that decide what to do when the file is complete...

And between lines 994 and 995 add:

Code:

} elseif {$type == "wink" } {
      set fd [open "[file join $HOME winks $filename $filename]" w]

those lines says where to write the file when starting to receive it if its a wink. The folder already exists because the plugin creates it when receive te first message.

There's no trouble if winks are a plugins, because those lines inside the ifs (especially the first one) will never be reached if the plugin is not present because noone else will ask for a wink file, so I think they don't alter anything else.
About the rest of the code, I think it's better in a plugin by now because its still to dirty to be in amsn, and I'm sure will find some bugs... I'll work on cleaning later.

NoWhereMan: about replacing some procs with plugins ones, I've already read the example, but those procs are big ones, it's not imaginable.
NoWhereMan
Contributor
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 05:14:26 pm »

yes, i see Wink

NoWhereMan
-- Windows mom: «Finish your veggies! There are processes in Ubuntu that are starving to death!»
-- NoWhereBlog (ita)
-- http://flatpress.sf.net
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 09:10:53 pm »

hello again,
sorry I'm slow to answer..
first, great work for Zaskar! About your changes to msnp2p.tcl, I knew you'd come to that conclusion, I also had to add the voiceclips cases in there, and about create_msnobj, you forgot to tell us what's your diff.. really, the best solution is to do an 'svn update' then an 'svn diff' and give us the output of the diff here.
I like the idea of the index.xml file in the winks directory, it's the best way to do it, and it should really be done that way even for DPs or smileys.. unfortunately we didn't think of it at the time we implemented those feats.
This is definitely work that should go inside of a plugin, not part of the core because it's an eye candy feature that we don't want to bloat amsn with. BUT the changes to msnp2p.tcl are definitely things that should go in the core in order in order to allow plugins to work with winks. BUT your changes are not perfect because if the plugin is unloaded, then we'll get a crash. instead of calling ::winks::ReceivedWink instead we would have a ::plugins::FireEvent WinkReceived and your plugin would need to register on such an event. Could you make those changes before sending the diff ?
Also, about how to open the SB first, you need to look again at how voicelcips are done, it's easy :
Code:
::MSN::ChatQueue $chatid [list ::MSNP2P::SendVoiceClip $chatid $filename_siren]

In other words, all you need to do is call ::MSN::ChatQueue $chatid $command
and then amsn will request the SB, open it, and once it's opened, call your command.
btw, how do you map the filename to the stamp and msnobj, etc.. once you receive a wink with only the filename as argument ?

KaKaRoTo
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 09:31:47 pm »

I've realised about the ChatQueue. Thanks anyway. The first version is finished!!!. The changes that I said in last message are the only ones. I have my CreateMsnobj and RequestObject versions inside the winks's namespace to avoid more changes. So that's the whole diff:

msnp2p.tcl:
Code:

956c956,957
<
---
>                                       } elseif { [lindex [SessionList get $cSid] 7] == "wink" } {
>                                               ::winks::ReceivedWink $chatid $filename
993a995,996
>                               } elseif {$type == "wink" } {
>                                       set fd [open "[file join $HOME winks $filename $filename]" w]

The plugin is in: http://in.solit.us/archives/download/7547

How to use: When you receive a wink, you first see the name, some seconds later when the wink was transfered its played. The wink stays in your winks list and the next time you receive it is played inmediatly. To add a new one from an mco file right click the winks menu buton. In the menu, left click sends it, middle click edits or deletes, and right clicks plays a preview. Remember that you need cabextract and some flash player (by default gnash). I don't know if it's necesary to restart amsn after activating.

I'll wait for your answers.
Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2007, 09:59:31 pm »

Great work but..... If i try to send a wink threw the aMSN Client the MSN Messenger 8 said:

"Linux" Liebhaber can't see this type of wink with the version of Messenger that they're using.

Huh
Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:10 pm »

Ohhh sry now it works...i had to restart amsn 0.97
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 11:05:59 pm »

Hep Zaskar,

Thanks for your plugin !! The idea is great and thanks for the time you spent on it Smiley Smiley

Voyager 11.10
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 11:13:39 pm »

Zaskar: First of all, CONGRATULATIONS Smiley

As kakaroto said, the proper way would be to fire a new event WinkReceived that you will register for. Once you do it this way, your diff will be committed and your plugin will probably go to SVN Smiley
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2007, 12:29:06 am »

Sorry vivia, I don't understand what should I do instead what I did. (It's obvious, but English is for me a foreign language, sorry if I don't get it at the first try).
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2007, 12:53:23 am »

Instead of:
Code:
>                                       } elseif { [lindex [SessionList get $cSid] 7] == "wink" } {
>                                               ::winks::ReceivedWink $chatid $filename

do this:
Code:
>                                               ::plugins::FireEvent WinkReceived $chatid $filename

then in your plugin:
Code:
::plugins::RegisterEvent Winks WinkReceived ReceivedWink
proc ReceivedWink { event evpar } {
upvar 2 $evpar args
upvar etc etc etc
}
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2007, 02:07:07 am »

Ok, thanks... I'll do this... I've miss that part in kakaroto's post... but where should upload the new file? Should I send it to the plugins section, to the svn (can I get acces there?)?, to http://in.solit.us again? There should be also a little explanation somewhere about getting cabextract, and a flash player and configuring it for the diferents platforms... I can take linux and windows, but I don't know anything about freebsd (I think there are ports of cabextract and gnash) or macs.
Trip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2007, 02:25:39 am »

Hi everybody!

Ok ths is a veryyyy great Plugin! And i want to say thank you to the Programmer of this tool.....

But i have found many Bugs inside the Programm.... Ok i try to explain it... If you dont Understand what i will write please tell me that...I try to write it again in better English or in German.....

Ok now i will start....
I tryed to send a Wink from the MSN Messenger 8.0 to the AMSN 0.97b (SVN from today)..... The Plugin tells me, that ive got an Unknown Wink, and it will displayed in a short time.... But after a while AMSN give me an Errormassage like every other Bug.... (The Famous Text send error report blablabla....) And i i try to send a Wink from AMSN Back to MSN 8...I could click on the Boutten in the chat windows..... But nothing happend.... And a the place where i clicked on the wink boutton i got a static white field, what dont close und is top of the window....
So i think it is a Bug too....

But i want to know if it is possible to use the "Real" Flash 9 Beta from the Adobe Site.....? Becuase is works better with my System (Kubuntu 6.06) ? How is the Code called?

Thank you for Reading! And have an Nice day!

Trip
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2007, 02:47:18 am »

Zaskar: upload the new plugin to in.solit.us and paste the diff here, like the last time, it was perfect. Thanx for your good job!

The instructions can be placed in a separate README in the plugin, and I think it would be good to add the same info to the userwiki. I guess tomhennigan can take care of the Mac part of it.

Trip: saying us that you got an error is useless without the error message. On the bug report screen that you get, choose Details and you will see the real message. Paste that here. Also, are you sure you have properly configured cabextract and gnash for the plugin?
Zaskar
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2007, 04:00:42 am »

Did you patched msnp2p.tcl?... the modifications nedeed there aren't yet in svn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: