aMSN Forums
January 25, 2021, 06:48:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Kmess code could help amsn team?  (Read 28203 times)
Fenix-TX
Super Power User

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:29:12 pm »

Sorry, i don't know in which forum post it, but i see today on kde-apps a new update of Kmess (i thought that this client was died :O) and i see a feature "Winks" on their changelog. Can this help the team?

http://kmess.sourceforge.net/
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:40:33 pm »

mmm kmess have a great GUI Smiley
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 11:56:49 pm »

fabio, could you PLEASE stop posting useless comments everywhere ?
Fenix, yeah, it's interesting, I took a quick look, but someone was already working on that as a plugin, I think it's more of an eye candy, and we don't need it... I prefer to work on voice :p but the issue is about the flash player.. I don't know how it's gonne be done, we'll see.

KaKaRoTo
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 12:20:58 am »

Quote from: "kakaroto"

if my post is off topic ok, but why i can't post in this forum?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 12:26:45 am »

well, I never said not to post anything, I said to stop posting USELESS comments everywhere... your post was not only off topic, but it was completly useless, and you're a "power user' with 111 posts, but when I look at all your posts, there isn't anything meaningful in them. I've seen some users with less than half your number of posts, who aren't even power users yet but who helped a lot more than you, simply because when they post something, they do it by providing useful information to the users...
I don't want to start a fight, but it's just frustrating to see a comment coming from you on every topic of the forums and which wastes our time reading it.

KaKaRoTo
WM-666
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 06:53:55 am »

How about an emoticon to represent a wink?
Okay if aMSN can't play the whole wink, but maybe it can give something like a "screenshot" of the wink? So I know which wink was send

edit: put your time in the voice clips first ;-)

Win7 x64, currently no Ubuntu (will install 10.04)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 07:25:02 am »

many things are possible, there is a jpg image for 'thumbnail' of the wink included in the .cab file. The problem is that we're not working on it and the one person who was able to do something about it is inactive for the moment. expect it to be working 'some day'. There is also a dependency necessary for the extraction of the cab file. It could be done either with 7zip or cabextract or whatever, we'll see which solutions are best. For now, everyone.. please be patient!
As I said before, what would be best, waste time on this or use it in order to implement the decoding of voice clips ?

KaKaRoTo
Fenix-TX
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:27 am »

Ok KKRT, i didn't know that already someone is working on it, so sorry to post that

PS: Yes, i think that is better voice clips decoder Cheesy
Fabioamd87
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 12:52:15 pm »

well, I never said not to post anything, I said to stop posting USELESS comments everywhere... your post was not only off topic, but it was completly useless, and you're a "power user' with 111 posts, but when I look at all your posts, there isn't anything meaningful in them. I've seen some users with less than half your number of posts, who aren't even power users yet but who helped a lot more than you, simply because when they post something, they do it by providing useful information to the users...
I don't want to start a fight, but it's just frustrating to see a comment coming from you on every topic of the forums and which wastes our time reading it.

mmm the post would be useful, to improve the amsn gui..
however, my status of power user means that i love this program, and i make someting for help developer Wink

i have thought  also to donate money...  :roll:
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 03:22:49 pm »

Lool don't make me laugh like that, I'll need a doctor ^^

Fabio, don't take it bad, but it's true that some of your posts are quite... irritating Tongue
I know they're written without any flooding or whatever intention, but, as KKRT said well, please don't answer on any topic just to say "yes I like" or "no I don't like" Wink
Not that your opinion isn't important, but on every topic it's becoming a bit wearying Smiley
And thanks for loving aMSN, and trying to help, even perhaps for donating Wink

BTW, what about Kmess, good idea Fenix ! Wink

PS: the best help you could provide to devs, is to learn Tcl/tk and make some code ^^ As they rather need time than money, I guess Wink
(I'm in a bad position to say something like that, with all my posts, and still not able to help, but at least, I tried to learn (with not brilliant results I must confess Sad Sad ))

Voyager 11.10
tomhennigan
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 05:49:37 pm »

many things are possible, there is a jpg image for 'thumbnail' of the wink included in the .cab file. The problem is that we're not working on it and the one person who was able to do something about it is inactive for the moment. expect it to be working 'some day'. There is also a dependency necessary for the extraction of the cab file. It could be done either with 7zip or cabextract or whatever, we'll see which solutions are best. For now, everyone.. please be patient!
As I said before, what would be best, waste time on this or use it in order to implement the decoding of voice clips ?

Who is working on it?? I could implement a wrapper for cabextract, and we could use it to open the jpg preview.. That wouldn't be so hard. According to their documentation, all we would need to do to get the preview is call the program like this:
Code:
cabextract --filter '*.jpg' filepath

I thought the major problem was that the wink was a swf file?

MacBook Black C2D 2.4 13" - Mac OS X Snow Leopard
http://tomhennigan.co.uk/
vivia
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2006, 06:48:57 pm »

GrdScarabe was working on it but I don't know what happened... Yes, the major problem is the swf file, Mercury uses the browser to open it, but that's a bit odd, isn't it?...

Of course, it has to be done as a plugin, I think it's useless to add yet another dependency (cabextract) to amsn's core just for winks, not to mention the swf!
tomhennigan
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2006, 07:12:42 pm »

Quote from: "vivia"
GrdScarabe was working on it but I don't know what happened... Yes, the major problem is the swf file, Mercury uses the browser to open it, but that's a bit odd, isn't it?...

Of course, it has to be done as a plugin, I think it's useless to add yet another dependency (cabextract) to amsn's core just for winks, not to mention the swf!

I agree with you about it being a plugin, but displaying it in the browser is rather weird.. but it would mean we don't need to have another dependancy... I wonder if TkHTML has support for swf... Smiley

MacBook Black C2D 2.4 13" - Mac OS X Snow Leopard
http://tomhennigan.co.uk/
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 04:58:17 am »

lol@tkhtml, that would be awesome Cheesy
well, afaik, there are free open source flash alternatives...
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
http://osflash.org/open_source_flash_projects

but don't know about how usable they are...

KaKaRoTo
NoWhereMan
Contributor
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 09:57:59 am »

I made a quick search and I didn't find anything; I was thinking about embedding the mozilla's flashplayer in tk; I mean "embedding" as displaying it right on a window, like browsers do (not "embedding" as "becoming part of it", of course Cheesy). But now that I think about it would be a pain supporting it for every platform; btw there is a standalone swf player along with adobe's linux flash9 package; you could maybe do an if [OnLinux] { exec gflashplayer $path_to_flash } elseif.... ?

yeah, that's not a bad idea, now that I think about it... see, you receive the wink, decompress it whereever you want (/tmp ?) , and launch through a standalone flashplayer chosen by the user maybe with swithes so that you can have borderless windows if the player support it... (i know need time to wait for it to start, but at least you'd say there is a "minimal support to winks")

bye!

NoWhereMan
-- Windows mom: «Finish your veggies! There are processes in Ubuntu that are starving to death!»
-- NoWhereBlog (ita)
-- http://flatpress.sf.net
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: