aMSN Forums
October 24, 2014, 12:17:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Skin: Emerald  (Read 68594 times)
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2006, 06:50:07 pm »

Okay, good work Wink !! I'm impatient to see the final release now Cheesy

Thanks Smiley

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 07:21:41 pm »

Well... lets see if the loganim is better:

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2006, 07:35:57 pm »

Oh  :shock: Yes it is Cheesy Cheesy
Really good, now we must see it in aMSN itself how it will look Cheesy Cheesy

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2006, 02:29:54 pm »

Ok, here is the RC 1: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=43559

If i have time, i will design the smiles icon set for the final version, everything else is done.

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2006, 05:53:29 pm »

Okay, RC1 downloaded and installed, no problem with it, loading animation is really nice, no more borders in small "no-DPs", it seems quite good Wink
Good luck for your smileys now Smiley

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2006, 01:57:52 pm »

Well... i thought i would have time for design the smiles... but are to many (80 icons or so) and i want to invest that time (now) for my work/project here about free software.
So, i will include smiles icon set from Wengophone (OpenWengo) wich are very nice (only thing, are static... without animations) and as alternative, the smiles from MSN (smiles-alt folder).
So, i will try to "fix" (if is a problem from my skin) about the cwtopback image that never shows up when an user opens the chat windows, or when you have tabs in you chatwindow. Just with the firt tab works. And... when you resize the window, the image does not get resized... only when you close and open again that window... is weird...
I will put the sounds from aMSN and as alternative the sounds from Windows Live MSN (sounds-alt). Why? because the smiles and sounds are propietary... so, will be users choise.
I have no response froms devs about including this skin as default or alternative...
After doing all this i will release as final version.... so please suggestions and ideas are welcome Smiley
(i am still thinking about the colored text on main window over users states)

Cheers.

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2006, 07:06:53 pm »

Hey, will be nice when it'll be out !!! Cheesy
Don't mind about smileys and sounds, as many users like official MSN, they will appreciate Wink
Two sugg:
 1) keep thinking about user state Wink
 2) Could you perhaps make it more visible, in an event box, if the contact goes offline (some visible red). I know there's the button on the right top, but as my event boxes don't stay for a long time, I can't always see what's the event box is talking about, and I trust on the general look of it to know whether it's a connection or the opposite. If it's not nice or if you don't want or if you do'nt have time, don't worry about this Wink

Nice job !!

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2006, 06:47:09 pm »

Snipe!! i need you help! Tongue
Since you are using Emerald Skin and tcl/tk8.4 (right?) could you please confirm this Bug (?) about the cwtopback.png image that does not appear when someone open to you a chat window and when you have tabs after the first one too. This image only works when YOU open a new chatwindow.
Here the screenshots:

Working good:

The Problem in the second tab and the same thing happen with a new chatwindow opened by someone:

Another problem is, when you resize the window... the image does not get resized... just "take effect" the with new size after close the window and open it again.

Thanks!!

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2006, 08:22:18 pm »

OK, I've just tested it, but as I'm not perfectly sure I understood yoou well, I explain what I did:

You must know that I've two accounts, that I'll call A and B (not too hard to remember this way Cheesy Cheesy)

First, I opened few CW with some contacts using A's CL, and have a look at the different topbars -> all where nice, with this kind of "light effect". Normal.
Second, I opened a few CW with some contacts using A's CL, and then start talking to A with my account B (you follow ? Cheesy). Then, I had a look to all my topbars, and they were all OK, with the "light effect".
So perhaps the topbar bug comes from your computer?

What about the resizing, you're right:

After my previous "second", I tested it :

Minimizing it causes no problem, images are well resized.
But maximizing them, and then you have a "whole" --> it's like if you would have a empty tool bar between the "Chat Edit View..." bar and the tabs bar. What's more, some of the opened tabs disappeared Tongue (two out of four, to be exact). But they are always accessible, using the horizontal arrows on the top right of the CW.
Then, just to see, I minimize the window again, and surprize : when the window is small, I can see all tabs again!!
And when, once again, I maximized it, they were three out of four tabs to be displayed... Strange, isnt it? Cheesy

Now, I've just made another test: you know that you've three ways to min/maximize a window: up/down arrow, right/left arrow, or diagonal arrow.
Well, if I do it in two times: first using up/down, then left/right (or the opposite, no matter), I have no troubles, and get all my tabs.
But if I use the diagonal one, then I lost some tabs...
Don't ask me why Cheesy Cheesy
Another thing: when I mini/maximize, the size of the CW where I can write my text become huge (about 3/4 of the CW height), except few tabs, I don't now why some keep the correct size and some others become weird...

These are a lot of things, I don't know wheter or not they're related to your skin or due to aMSN itselfs Tongue

If you want me to do some more tests, just ask Wink Cheesy

PS: Yes, tcl/tk 8.4, my sign is up-to-date Cheesy

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2006, 12:53:27 am »

Ok... so is like i said to Beast... about the cwtopback.png image (you called "light effect" Wink) maybe is a problem with tcl/tk 8.5... i will try to test it with 8.4 later...
Thanks Snipe!!!! Cheesy

GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2006, 08:10:56 pm »

Final Final! version!!!

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=43559

Enjoy!! now i will take vacations from designing! hehehe Tongue

Giskard

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2006, 08:10:20 am »

WTF!! There was a RC2 post there!!!  :wink:   :lol:

Well, congratulations for your great work, i have been using your skin since your first releases, at last there is a final version. Thanks a lot.

Well i must say i have it a bit modified to colorize the contact list but that doesnt make the skin look better, just personal preferences.

Well enjoy your non-designing-amsn-skins time, come back soon and happy birthday.  Cheesy
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2006, 12:58:59 pm »

Quote from: "Giskard"
WTF!! There was a RC2 post there!!!  :wink:   :lol:

Well, congratulations for your great work, i have been using your skin since your first releases, at last there is a final version. Thanks a lot.

Well i must say i have it a bit modified to colorize the contact list but that doesnt make the skin look better, just personal preferences.

Well enjoy your non-designing-amsn-skins time, come back soon and happy birthday.  Cheesy

jeje yes!! i just deleted that post to no reply again with another one Tongue
Thanks!!

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2006, 06:15:54 pm »

Ow, happily Giskard saw it, otherwise I would have missed it !! Tongue

So let's take this Final Release, and enjoy Cheesy

Good work Gus, thanks for it !!!!

Voyager 11.10
tg90nor

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2006, 10:27:58 am »

Hey GuS,

Do you mind if I put this skin (and the other skins you have made) on the website?
They are really too great to be hidden away in the forums...

Thomas Geirhovd,
Skins and plugins manager
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: