aMSN Forums
October 21, 2014, 05:44:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Skin: Emerald  (Read 68563 times)
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2006, 09:54:09 pm »

Hi people!!

As i was mention in http://amsn.sourceforge.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1062 and in the IRC, this is the begining of a new skin that i've named Emerald.
This screenshot will be updated as long i add new stuff, so keep and eye and tell me what do you think and what you suggest/ideas Smiley

Main Window

Chat Window

PJ
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 12:41:39 am »

Really nice skin Gus, you are a professional designer indeed =D
You wanted us to tell what we like and dislike in this skin. Well i love most of the parts
However at the top of the contactlist where *The current user's DisplayPicture is being displayed* I can see that you have changed the frame you used on your previous aMSN Live skin to a computer screen.
Iam not really a big fan of that computer screen and do find it looking better with the frame.

Please Gus dont take this as a complain, you have done a really wonderful job =D
But as you said you wanted our feedback. I would also love to a version which have a mroe sky blue *lighter blue color*
Anyhow good work Gus =D

Nontitle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 12:44:57 am »

all i have to say is:

damn thats nice!

GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 01:04:29 am »

Quote from: "PJ"
Really nice skin Gus, you are a professional designer indeed =D
You wanted us to tell what we like and dislike in this skin. Well i love most of the parts
However at the top of the contactlist where *The current user's DisplayPicture is being displayed* I can see that you have changed the frame you used on your previous aMSN Live skin to a computer screen.
Iam not really a big fan of that computer screen and do find it looking better with the frame.

Please Gus dont take this as a complain, you have done a really wonderful job =D
But as you said you wanted our feedback. I would also love to a version which have a mroe sky blue *lighter blue color*
Anyhow good work Gus =D

hehe.. is all Ok Pj Don't be afraid to suggest and tell me what do you think Wink Besides i am testing, nothing is defined yet. And better, all sources of the graphics will be in SVG format, is very easy to change, for example the colors. Is why i choose this format in my designs from now on. Is more editable.

Nontitle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 02:26:08 am »

are you using windows vista?

nice work i do think it should be a little lighter blue but other than that its pretty good.

if i could, i would download it now. actually, speaking of which, can i?

GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 04:00:32 am »

Quote from: "Nontitle"
are you using windows vista?

nice work i do think it should be a little lighter blue but other than that its pretty good.

if i could, i would download it now. actually, speaking of which, can i?

hehe lol... i don't use Windows Vista and none version of "that" propietary stuff.
I use what give me freedom to think, to create... to dream: Free Software and Linux.
My main OS is Kubuntu and the Main tool i use for design is Inkscape, then Gimp.

I don't know when i gonna finish this Skin, because i have all my energy in it. You could see that on my icons (is the first time i design icons, so i will need to improve this work by pratice and testing)
So when i have little free time, i use it for aMSN, specially for design.

i hope to have this done in middle of august or maybe before that, time will tell Smiley

Thanks!!

Nontitle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 04:27:42 pm »

cool. its just that the buttons on the window pane look alot like the ones off of a windows vista thing. the only time i use windows is from linux in VMWare lol

GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 06:19:58 pm »

Quote from: "Nontitle"
cool. its just that the buttons on the window pane look alot like the ones off of a windows vista thing. the only time i use windows is from linux in VMWare lol

Nope, is a theme that comes with Kubuntu, called crystal.

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 09:11:25 pm »

Hey, your skin is great, as usual I should say Cheesy
And I don't agree with PJ, I like this computer!!!
Great idea I think Tongue

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:13:22 pm »

Quote from: "snipe2004"

Hey, your skin is great, as usual I should say Cheesy
And I don't agree with PJ, I like this computer!!!
Great idea I think Tongue

hehe, i wanted to change a little than the common DP holder Smiley

snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 09:15:46 pm »

Quote from: "GuS-Arg"

hehe, i wanted to change a little that the common DP holder Smiley

Just keep going this way, change is always good for me Cheesy

And people can always took back the frame you did for the Live Mesenger skin Wink

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 11:35:13 pm »

Addeed another screenshot on the first post: i am now working on Chatwindow, you could see there my progress.

jibi049
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 11:41:01 pm »

Really good job Smiley
snipe2004
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 11:58:01 pm »

Yeah, looks nice !!

Gus, I've got a sugg' : the little green/blue/dark men, couldn't you change them? To something never done you know? Not litlle men, as it is in all skins,  but I don't know, esmeralds for example Wink Or a different gem for each status (esmerald=green=online, diamond=white=offline, ruby=red=busy,...)
Don't focus on gems, this is an idea I just get relating to your skin's name, but I think a "big" change in something completely new like this would be great Tongue

My opinion of course (a)

Voyager 11.10
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 12:15:54 am »

Quote from: "snipe2004"
Yeah, looks nice !!

Gus, I've got a sugg' : the little green/blue/dark men, couldn't you change them? To something never done you know? Not litlle men, as it is in all skins,  but I don't know, esmeralds for example Wink Or a different gem for each status (esmerald=green=online, diamond=white=offline, ruby=red=busy,...)
Don't focus on gems, this is an idea I just get relating to your skin's name, but I think a "big" change in something completely new like this would be great Tongue

My opinion of course (a)

Very Nice idea Wink i will take in Mind. Just i dont want to confuse users if this will be the default skin. But i will design those states to test, don't worry Wink Indeed will be the best choise for the name of the Skin.
Thanks for your interest Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: