aMSN Forums
April 21, 2014, 08:06:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Newbie tutorial on making TLS work in amsn 0.95  (Read 57632 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 09:16:55 pm »

THANK YOU! Smiley

KaKaRoTo
docter_d

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 09:15:09 pm »

oh damn, i hate to post here, but ima have too, already read it, tried to follow, but had some errors in the here, kk heres situation mandriva 2007, amsn 0.96rc1     kk now TLS module needs to be installed, ahh amsn is downloaded and compiled in /home/administrator/tmp/amsn-0.96rc1  in autoupdate there is no osdn or set baseurl, i looked and find feature, ah my tls is in plugins and also /usr/lib/tls1.5,  i cant seem to find /usr/lib/tls1.50/libtls1.50.so or /usr/lib/libtls1.50.so, ahh let see what else i cahnged pkgIndex to 1.50 instead of 1.5, and ah oo and i also went o into amsn preferences and changed it too /usr/lib/tsl1.5 and still same msg msg after i try to log in, ummm any help? or is this obviousl problem nd im jus a dumba**
docter_d

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 09:21:39 pm »

ahh frogot to mention there is no amsn in /usr/share probably because i downloaded it /home.../tmp but yeah my guess is i need to do symlink, i tried but it didnt workout, its prolly because i did it wrong, so help would be appreciatd?
Ferret

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 04:52:54 am »

Hmm. I'm in the same boat. For some reason the auto-installer in 0.96 fails to open the socket for download, I'm not even going to ask.

I've downloaded the correct TCL/TLS package for my system, extracted, installed, modified according to the FAQ and pointed aMSN in it's direction.

Now what? Identical message is staring me in the face, so as one expert to an intermediate, what do I do next? Hmm.

No automated scripts seem to be working, which would lead me to believe it's not using my proxy correctly.

IP address, Port no, Authent and Proxy type are all correctly entered. . .
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: