aMSN Forums
May 28, 2018, 10:38:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SUG - emancipate the smileys  (Read 5745 times)
acabtheshura

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:27:08 am »

Hi, i don't know if my intuitions it's right but i try to explane.
I think that changing the setting.xml file in a skin it's the way to put a basic set of smileys in the messenger.
For example: if i want to add my haudrey smiley set to the "kubuntu" skin i must change the last part of the setting.xml in the kubuntu folder for a complete compatibily. Right? I have made a try and i believe that's the only way to make visible all my smiley set in the kubuntu skin.
If this is right ( but i'm not sure) this is the way to make correspond every skin with another smiley set.
This is not a difficult way to change the amsn way to look, but for example if i would to put online different smiley sets (like other Open Source IM like gaim or miranda) i must to add in the zip a txt files with the istruction to change the setting.xml file, right?
It's impossible to create a specific xml for the smiley set indipendent from the setting.xml in the future? I don't know anything about programming but this could be a way to make more simply the creations of add-on like smiley set. For example a zip with the smiley set and the xml file for only the set of emoticons. The user download the sets he like and extract them in a folder, load the xml of the set he have chosen and that's all.
Don't you think that for the users this way could be more simple?
And then, once created a standard xml with the standard emoticon for the amsn base, the skinners could create many emoticons set indipendets from the skin chosen.
Don't seems a good way to implement this IM?

I don't know if you could understand my suggestion cause it's more difficult for me explain in english. Or maybe you will understand but don't think so...Cheesy:D:D

I believe there are two Gods. The first and the second God think that the other God is taking care of me
tg90nor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 02:39:09 pm »

This has been discussed several times in the past, but it has never been coded. I don't currently remember the reason, but I think there were some technical issues.

Thomas Geirhovd,
Skins and plugins manager
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:15:45 pm »

Hi Acab,
yes, this was discussed and we intend to do it in the future, problem is that it would be too complicated to do it now, and we need a good GUI for users to choose the smiley sets independantly from the skins, and many other little things. Once we get the time to do all that, don't worry, it will be done.

KaKaRoTo
acabtheshura

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 05:42:10 pm »

OK! i supposed that a question like that was discussed...it was too evident. I hope that this will be  possible in the future!

I believe there are two Gods. The first and the second God think that the other God is taking care of me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: