aMSN Forums
December 12, 2018, 08:38:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: music plugin not working with winamp  (Read 11359 times)
heavyjoost

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2006, 06:15:31 pm »

Here's the problem: the music plugin doesn't get the information what Winamp is playing. A strange thing is that it does work on some computers and doesn't on some other computers. I tried to experiment a bit but that didn't help a lot but I think it's in the musicwa.exe binary. It's not the OS I think because this computer has Windows 2000 and another computer has that one too but here it doesn't work, on the other it does. Also, I tried several Winamp versions on this computer (5.x series) but that didn't change a thing.
Here's the output when trying "exec "C:/Progra~1/AMSN/scripts/plugins/music/MusicWA.exe"" in the statuslog window.
Code:
[18:13:19] Executing : exec "C:/Progra~1/AMSN/scripts/plugins/music/MusicWA.exe"
[18:13:19] 1

C:\De muziekkoepel\Muziek\Enigma - Knocking On Forbidden Doors.mp3

"::status_log $::music::actualsong" gives this:
Code:
[18:13:55] Executing : ::status_log $::music::actualsong
[18:13:55] 1

C:\De muziekkoepel\Muziek\Enigma - Knocking On Forbidden Doors.mp3
[18:13:55]

I hope you guys can help, not for me but for those people I know who use Windows Wink (I use linux myself hehe)
JackT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 07:06:42 pm »

What version is your Music plugin?
heavyjoost

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 09:17:06 pm »

The last (CVS) one, let me see.
<plugin_version>1.4</plugin_version> is what it says, that's the version I guess Wink <cvs_version> is 1.26 and musicwa.exe is version 1.6
JackT

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 11:20:36 pm »

I have no idea then.. are you using the same profiles on each computer? If not, try copying the one that works to the one that doesn't work and see if the music plugin works.
heavyjoost

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 08:05:51 pm »

Using the same profiles didn't make a difference, I think it's something in musicwa.exe which means using the same profile won't make a difference, at least that's what I think Wink. Executing musicwa.exe in the MS-DOS shell gives nothing as output except a newline (aka \n).
Phil
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 01:04:44 pm »

Does the mp3 file have ID3 tags ?
Phil

Phil

AMsn is great, and it will be greater :wink:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: