aMSN Forums
February 20, 2018, 02:51:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: aMSN migrated to Subversion and upcoming 0.96 release  (Read 28945 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:49:17 pm »

Hi All,
Good news for most of you out there who are following the development version of aMSN. We have finally moved to a subversion repository for our version control system. With sourceforge's latest problems with the CVS service, and the overgrowing popularity and functionality of the SVN service, we thought it would be best to switch before the 0.96 release of aMSN.
Now with greater ease of use, and no more delays betweens the developer and the anonymous servers, you can download the SVN version of amsn by either going to the Downloads page, or follow the instructions in Sourceforge's SVN page.

Moreover, we are working hard in fixing bugs and finishing new features. Expect the release of AMSN 0.96 coming soon!

I hope you all like it!

KaKaRoTo
mattm591

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 03:59:17 pm »

I love it! This is looking to be an excellent release! It gives me great hopes for the future of this project and lets hope we see more brilliant stuff being added to this wonderful client!
krylko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:39:13 pm »

I am new to SVN. I am using aMSN under Windows. Is there a way to keep my aMSN version up to date through SVN (using TortoiseSVN)? Now, the folder structure is thoroughly changed. Is there a shortcut to only update files in ./scripts directory?

Thanks
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 10:51:09 pm »

Hi krylko, first, download and install tortoiseSVN (I suppose you already did so), then do go to the "C:\program files\amsn" directory, rename the scripts directory into something else (like 'scripts-0.95') then create a new empty directory named 'scripts', enter the folder and right click in it. Then choose SVN checkout. do a checkout on the following URL : https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amsn/trunk/amsn and make sure the checkout directory is "C:\program files\amsn\scripts". Once the checkout is done, simply launch amsn.
Everytime you want to update amsn, go to that directory, right click and choose "SVN update", and it will be automatically up to date with the development version.
good luck and send feedback.

KaKaRoTo
peter
Power user

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 10:48:38 pm »

Hello!

What are the main features of 0.96 version?
Will it be sound support?

Thanks.
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 05:04:51 am »

Hi peter,
no support for sound yet, I think it will go into the 0.97 release, I'm already working on it.
This new version basically includes many improvements, many bug fixes, is a lot more stable than 0.95, it has a better look, optimized, refreshing of contact list is a lot faster, fixed alot of memory leaks, we added support for pausing the webcam, it also has full support for the new MSNP12 protocol which enabled support for personal messages, etc..
once it gets out, you'll see the full changelog.
in the meantime, you can take a look at a partial version of it here : http://amsn.sourceforge.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ChangeLog

KaKaRoTo
WM-666
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 09:24:42 am »

Ubuntu Dapper is almost being released, aMSN is almost being released,...
Is this Christmass ?  Cheesy

Win7 x64, currently no Ubuntu (will install 10.04)
Phil
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 06:45:18 pm »

I think KaKaRoTo meant MSNP11...

Phil

AMsn is great, and it will be greater :wink:
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 11:29:54 pm »

No Phil, we use MSNP12, try to login and look at the protocol log. We first implemented MSNP11, then we found out there was a really small diference between MSNP11 and MSNP12, so we switched pretty easily to MSNP12.. it has been MSNP12 for a long time, maybe a week or two after we implemented MSNP11... (but yes, the ::config::getKey protocol is still 11, not 12... bad, bad)

KaKaRoTo
Trappski
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 09:26:08 pm »

I am already in love! Keep up the good work.

krylko

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 10:50:50 pm »

Quote from: "kakaroto"
Hi peter,
no support for sound yet, I think it will go into the 0.97 release, I'm already working on it.
This new version basically includes many improvements, many bug fixes, is a lot more stable than 0.95, it has a better look, optimized, refreshing of contact list is a lot faster, fixed alot of memory leaks, we added support for pausing the webcam, it also has full support for the new MSNP12 protocol which enabled support for personal messages, etc..
once it gets out, you'll see the full changelog.
in the meantime, you can take a look at a partial version of it here : http://amsn.sourceforge.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ChangeLog

hi kakaroto, thanks. everything worked fine.. one more thing, it's just amazing how much of your time you and vivia invest in this project and community owes u a lot.

keep up with good work.

cheerz
GuS-Arg
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 10:56:21 pm »

Quote from: "WM-666"
Ubuntu Dapper is almost being released, aMSN is almost being released,...
Is this Christmass ?  Cheesy

Ubuntu Skin almost being released too! Tongue

kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 09:48:41 pm »

Hi,
Thanks krylko for the kind words, we do indeed invest a lot of time, and vivia has been of a tremendous help since she joined the project, but don't forget the other people behind the project, we're maybe 20 people working on the project, there are also the translators who contribute by translating amsn to new languages, and the language maintainers... me and vivia are the most active on the forums, but a lot of other people are active on the code, not on the forums, so I would like to redirect your kind words to them too.

KaKaRoTo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: