aMSN Forums
May 21, 2018, 12:14:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I change my contact's names into what I want them to be?  (Read 4762 times)
jaedynz

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:45:34 am »

When I click edit/preferences or w/e and change their names to what I want them to be, it changes them just fine on my contacts list. But when I type a message to them and they respond, it is always in their own personal name. This annoys me because I like naming people their real names on my MSN so I know who I am talking to, plus it looks nice and it is easy to talk to and I much prefer it. I honestly would rather use another program if I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a useful answer.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 01:22:32 pm »

You're completely right. I just checked it, and the option to change the nickname of a contact to whatever you want doesnt work. I'll fill a bug and fix it as soon as possible.
jaedynz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:59:53 pm »

Thank you v much!
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:39:04 pm »

Ok, I fixed the bug Smiley
I'm testing it, and if everything is fine, you'll have the fix in svn this weekend.
alexandernst
Developers
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:05:26 am »

The bug was finally fixed by billiob Smiley
You can get the latest svn 11910 and you should be able to see the correct custom nick
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: