aMSN Forums
May 21, 2018, 12:37:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two tray icons  (Read 13186 times)
arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 07:18:51 pm »

Excellent ^^ My task bar doesn't display more than 2 icons^^
I think if you have some programming skills you could do what Kakaroto said. (i can't cause i have to reboot every time i wanna reproduce ... and i'm lazy =D)
Annihilannic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:46 am »

Heh, I had 8 or 9 tray icons before I restarted aMSN.

I made these changes to trayicon.tcl:

Code:
Anni@prospero /cygdrive/c/Program Files/aMSN/scripts
$ diff trayicon.tcl.orig trayicon.tcl
52a53,54
>       puts "trayicon_init was called, statusicon is $statusicon"
>
73a76
>               puts "trayicon_init adding a wintrayicon"
207a211
>       puts "statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is $statusicon, status is $status, systemtray_exist is $systemtray_
exist"
449a454
>       puts "remove_icon was called, icon is $icon, systemtray_exist is $systemtray_exist"
457a463
>       puts "restart_tray was called"
543a550,551
>       puts "addTrayIcon was called, name is $name"
>

The output so far after hibernating once and starting up again (which created 1 extra icon) was:

Code:
trayicon_init was called, statusicon is 0
trayicon_init adding a wintrayicon
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is FLN, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is NLN, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is NLN, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is IDL, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is IDL, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is AWY, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is AWY, systemtray_exist is 1
statusicon_proc was called, statusicon is 1, status is FLN, systemtray_exist is 1
   (hibernated here I think)

How do I put timestamps in the messages?  

Anyway, I don't think that tells us a hell of a lot, it doesn't seem to be making any extra unnecessary calls to create new icons.  Any suggestions?

ETA: timestamps added using puts "[clock format [clock seconds] -format "%Y-%m-%d %T"] ... "
Annihilannic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 06:22:08 am »

I think this problem might be theme related.

The debugging messages I added above haven't told me anything interesting so far.  However after switching to the "Dark Matter" theme the problem was no longer happening.  So I switched back to the "default" theme, and it started happening again.

Can anyone who has had this problem confirm whether it only happens with the default theme?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 05:17:01 pm »

the theme is basically just images, so it shouldn't affect it at all.. maybe just a coincidence..

KaKaRoTo
Annihilannic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »

Yes, I debunked my own theory, after switching back to "Dark Matter" it started happening in that too.
arantes
Super Power User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 04:11:03 pm »

BTW it stopped happening to me ..
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: