aMSN Forums
May 21, 2018, 09:52:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New forum for aMSN !!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: connection error on aMSN  (Read 25764 times)
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 12:18:41 am »

Hi zaac29, welcome to the forums

[20:07:54] cmsn_ns_connected ERROR: connection refused

a firewall maybe ? something seems to be blocking access to msn servers... maybe you have some kind of parental control or firewall running.

KaKaRoTo
zaac29

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009, 12:02:57 pm »

it's just a new computer only used by me, i'must have done a wrong maniplutaion by accident , but i went to the main menu in "partage" or "security" and did not find any presence of a firewall or parent control for amsn,
i don't know where to find the solution, i even downloaded amsn again by putting everything out but doesn't change, i do connect on msn by the website but not with any amsn , mercury messenger or msn from my application folder:
an idea?
kakaroto
Administrator
Super Power User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2009, 06:28:24 pm »

if there is parental control set in your mac, then the msn network will not work, whether it's set for amsn or not.. even if you allow msn to work through the parental control, it will still fail to work (apparently, if i remember correctly this was a mac issue). Make sure you disable parental control completely... if it still doesn't work, then i don't know, if you can't connect with the official client either, then it's a problem with your system and not with aMSN...
maybe someone else could help you, but I'm not a mac user so i can't help more than that.

KaKaRoTo
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: